Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spackled Fleur De Lis

I needed something above my kitchen sink. It is pretty boring looking at a blank wall. I mean, HELLO! I spend a lot of time there. I knew I wanted a Fleur De Lis and knew I wanted texture so I decided to use Spackle...it is what I had on hand. I drew out my Fleur De Lis and then I got cozy with my sink because I had to sit in it to work. Then I layered on the Spackle with my finger. I used a mini scraper to clean up any mistakes.
This is what it looked like before the paint

I let it dry for 24 hours and then I painted the Fleur De Lis with a metallic paint.

I then used a square plate I had and centered around the Fleur and then used a bowl to round out the sides. I don't know what this shape is called but I love it! (It is an actual shape...something fore)

So much better! I love the texture that the Spackle gave. It is nice that I was able to do this directly to the wall. They are demolishing these homes after we move out so they don't care what you do. My next house, if I do it again, I would probably do it on a wood piece or canvas.


Nicole
Linking up to A lovely Place To Land
and
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment