Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fishy Centerpiece


For a church dinner, My 5-year old daughter and I were asked to make a centerpiece that expressed something we enjoyed doing together. We decided to try and combing our love of crafting projects, cooking, and nature; this fishy centerpiece was the results.

I completely stole the tissue paper wreath from a very creative craft blogger, Sausha, at Show & tell. Click here for instructions. (Although, we did add the orange glitter paint to add a little more fun---orange because it's my daughter's favorite color)


Then we used our glass ivy bowl, some speckled candy rocks at the bottom, berry blue jell-0, and Sweedish fish to create our nature scene. Then we tied an orange bow at the top to finish it off. Kinda fun and a great way to combine all the things we love.

Kathy

HookingupwithHoH

Someday Crafts

5 comments:

  1. Looove it!! How fun and cute! I love the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something looks fishey Nicole. Really it is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! It brings back memories of high school--since the blue Jell-O and Swedish fish was how I asked someone to Sadie's my senior year! I think I put a note on it that said something like, "Of all the fish in the sea, would you go to Sadie's with me?"

    ReplyDelete