Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cheap...but cute...wall art!

I needed some wall art for my bathroom, and since money is tight, I pulled out my Cricut and made these two canvas's. I used the cartridge "Stretch Your Imagination" and picked the leaf template. I then cut it to the size I wanted with Vinyl. I made sure that I used the 'silouette' button on the Cricut so that I could get more of a stencil. I then placed it on my canvas (11x14 size) and then painted over it in Dark Burnt Umber. Be sure when you are painting it, that you paint in one direction only. Don't do strokes up and down. Once the paint dries, carefully remove your vinyl stencil, then enjoy.

I did both pictures for $5.19! I bought the Canvas at Michaels, using my 40% off coupon. But recently visiting Hobby Lobby, I saw that they sell 2 Canvas's for $5.99 and with a 40% off coupon, you've got yourself a bargain.
Now, I might do this with another stencil in some other rooms of mine!
♥Kristen♥

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your creativity!! You are totally the best-ever(!!!!) cross-stitcher in the world, and now you are creating canvas art. I love the wash room vinyl because it lends bsome humor and fun to a dreary chore. Way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete