Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Here comes Peter Cottontail.....

I needed a quick gift for my kids teachers/principals and came up with this cute idea. A candy bar covered to look like the Easter Bunny!

Here is what you will need to make these cute gifts:
I used Cadbury bars because they are a little smaller and lets face it, who doesn't love a Caramello bar? Also, they are $1.50 a bar at your local Wal-Mart

You will also need a sheet of white foam for the Bunny ears, a piece of pink felt (for inner ear), Googly eyes, (I found mine at Hobby Lobby and they are OVAL shape..I loved them!). Pink pom poms for nose, ribbon for the bowtie, pink DMC floss for the whiskers and a sharpie to make the mouth. YOU WILL ALSO NEED A PIECE OF WHITE CARDSTOCK TO WRAP THE CANDY BAR! :)

I wrapped the bar. First I measured around it to get the perfect fit.

Here it is all wrapped up and ready to decorate.

This is the template I used to make the bunny ears.
To put together, glue your eyes on (I used double sided tape for this whole project). I glued the ears on, whiskers and nose. I then drew the mouth and glued on the bowtie. I think they turned out cute and I hope the teachers like them too.
Hope you enjoy!
♥Kristen♥

1 comment:

  1. Those are SO cute!! I love them! Great job!! I'm going to have to be sure to do those next year! Too bad I couldn't make them for Lauren's awesome preschool teachers this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete