Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Gift {{Slippers}}

So, I have a pattern for some slippers. I was so excited to make them. Got all my supplies, cut out the material and got to sewing. Two hours later (this is on ONE slipper) I am examining my finished product...and I realize that there is no way on earth that it will fit an adult foot. Maybe Cinderella, but not anyone else I know. I was SOOOOO bummed! The slippers were my plan for Mother's Day!
Plan B....Target slippers and add some embellishments.

Got some plain slippers from Target. Not really digging the fleece tassel thingys, but that's ok...they are coming off anyway!

Add a couple fabric flowers...one is a gathered flower and the other is a rose. Hot glued them on and we are calling it good. I think they are pretty cute myself. Think I will make some for me too!





Once again...mother's in my life....AVERT YOUR EYES!!!!!
:)
Nicole
Parties:

6 comments:

  1. Way cute. You are a master at those flowers...I can't seem to get the hang of them, do you sew the bottoms together after they are gathered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, what a great Mothers day idea, I'll have to use it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and such a nice Mothers day gift idea! Thank you for linking to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I have some fabric flowers that I need to use for somethng.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out so cute! I love your blog. I left you something over at my blog:

    mommytimecrafts.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute cute cute!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete